Friday, March 16, 2007

To Luji, who is 6 months today


A giggle over the rainbow flies,
Gathering sunshine and fairies' lullabies,
To scatter hope and warmth,
To plant joy on earth.

Her delicate lips draw a lazy crescent,
That showers the world with a tender scent;
And cause the cherry to flee its stem,
To define her smile with a crimson rim.

Those eyes that glitter like happy stars,
Like a beam from heaven guarding her charms;
With angels envious at her grace,
They shyly stare upon her face.

A blossom caressed by butterflies,
With blushing petals delicately sighs,
And yields its fragrance in a flare,
To embrace the infancy they share.

Life dances to her rhythm with glee,
When she stretches her tiny hand to me;
Her curious fingers toying with the air,
As they make their way to my hair.

A giggle over the rainbow flies,
And carries me through the seven skies;
My heart melts like sugar in a pie,
Every time I see my daughter's smile.

9 comments:

Alina said...

Happy Birthday! May all her future wishes, dreams and hopes always, always come true :)

Ma 3lina said...

Happy birthday ! oh god she is very young 6 months that's the best days ever when she still doesn't speak or walk but he beautiful smile says it all

wonderful poem i wish u were my mom lol so u write poems in my birthday

god bless her nd keep her from any harm

Om Luji said...

Alina:
Thanks a lot for your thoughtfulness and sweet words.

Ma-3lina:
Thanks dear. 3o2bal your kids insha2allah.
This age is really special, I agree. She started to interact and bond with us more. And yes, her toothless smile drives us crazy.
And I would have loved to be your mom, wallahi such a great honor, but htkabareeny kedda :)
Thanks also for your warm wishes.

Fadfadation said...

Happy 1\2 birthday :)

God bless

Anonymous said...

To Mama in her day :

Kol Aid Om wenty tayeba ya a7la Mama fel donia .. thank you very much for the lovely poem .. I have really loved it when Papa explained its meaning to me .. I hope days will go fast and I will be able to talk and thank you for everything you have done 2 me.

Luji

Om Luji said...

Fadfadation:
Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

Om Luji said...

Luji:
What a pleasant surprise. I'm so happy to receive this on Mother's Day. This is the best gift ever. I hope that when you grow up you can get a glimpse of how dear you are to me and how my heart thrives on your love. 3o2bal 1000000 sana.

Ma 3lina said...

happy mother's day :)

ur daughter posted a reply lol how ??

she is 6 years or months ?????

Om Luji said...

Thanks a lot, Ma-3lina.
Hope you celebrated Mother's Day well. Best wishes to your mom.

Well, I know it's confusing. My daughter is 6 months old. She didn't write this comment for sure. You can imagine who did.