Wednesday, March 28, 2007

School Days Tag

So many tags, I know. This one is from Ma-3lina. Thanks a lot for it, it really brought many nice memories of the good old days.
1. Did you use to be a good student at school?
Oh yeah! I was so good, but I didn't study as much as the others. Honestly, I only studied before exams, but I was very focused and I made good use of the time. Other than that, I was so organized. My copybooks were like works of art. I cared so much about keeping them neat and using the best handwriting. I also read A LOT, which I believe served me much better than reading the stupid curriculum.
However, I never showed off how good I am at class. I tried as hard as I can to keep the image of the average student, cause I was the leader of a gang.. oops, I mean group of friends (za3eemet elshella ya3ni) so it would have really shaken my image if they found out that I was in fact a bookworm.
2. What were your most loved and most hated subjects?
My favorite subject was English, but I also loved History and Geometry. My most hated subject was Algebra, I was never good at it. I didn't like Arabic either. Teachers also affected the way I feel about a subject. A bad teacher made me absolutely unable to like whatever he/she teaches. Teachers were either good or bad, nothing in between. And hence the subjects were also divided into white and black. Teachers either loved me or hated me, again nothing in between, cause I cared to let the bad ones know how I feel about them. I gave them this look (you know what I mean?) that said it all.
3. When young, what did you want to become?
I wanted more than anything else to become a teacher. There is nothing like communicating with children on a daily basis. I still believe it is the most rewarding job, of course not financially, but emotionally.
When I was very young I wanted to become lots of things: a doctor, a dance creographer, a waitress, an actress, a president, and a fashion desginer. But each of these dreams lasted for a limited period and I would always go back to the teacher thing. I loved writing on the blackboard and the traces of chalk on my hand.
Here you have it. Now I tag them:
Fadfadation
Myra
Nousha
Salama Moussa
Alina
Zeinobia
Juka

11 comments:

Alina said...

Thank you for the tag! I have completed it, btw.

I was also one of those who studied the least. Only when I had to and only for a short while. In high-school no one believed me! They all thought I was only studying all the time. They later understood I was not telling lies.

Anonymous said...

Heyyyyyy. Long time no hear. My answers coming soon to a blog near you. Meanwhile I can't contain the curiosity, did you? Did you become that profession you dreamed off in high school?

Fadfadation said...

I'm not amazed that you were za3emet el shela... after all you are Hitler aren't you...lol

Om Luji said...

Thanks Alina. You are always the first to complete your tags.

Actually my dad was the only one who didn't believe it. He saw me reading all the time and thought I was studying.

Om Luji said...

Juka:
Welcome back. I always visit your blog, but I'm usually on a hurry. That's why I don't succeed in leaving comments. I always get interrupted.
Great to hear from you. Looking forward to reading your answers. And, yes, in a previous tag I mentioned that I worked as a teacher for a while right after graduation. I loved it, but unfortunately couldn't go on.

Om Luji said...

Fadfadation:
I knew I brought it all onto myself by publishing those test results.. lol.
I didn't use Hitler's way with my friends, that I can tell you.

Anonymous said...

OK Done. Reason I asked was, I was under the impression that very few people actually became the profession they dreamed of.

egy anatomist said...

1. Did you use to be a good student at school?
No, lel 2asaf. I was bit naughty and troublesome.
2. What were your most loved and hated subjets?
I loved Arabic, English, Chemistry, Biology, Algebra, Physiscs. Hated Geography, Geometry and Calculus.
3. When young what did u want 2 become?
By defaulty, and as any child, I wanted 2 become a police officer. But that was when i was so young. But generally I have been always dreaming of being a politician, a businessman, or a psychiatrist.

Fadfadation said...

I am just kiddin walahi :)

BUt i can't help it... it is too good not to use :)

Om Luji said...

Juka:
You are right. Only a few people manage to become what they have dreamt of. Therefore I consider myself so lucky.

Om Luji said...

Salama:
Noway you were not a good student. Enta akeed bt7'af mn el7asad :) Being naughty doesn't mean you didn't do well with your studies. You must also thank God for not becoming a police officer. Seems from your choices that you are after power though.