Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

I received the award through Asraralbanat. It was such a pleasant surprise. What they said about me on their blog really made me blush. I was unaware of having such wonderful readers. A million thanks. Your nomination is truely appreciated.

Now starts the toughest job as I get to pass on the nomination and the tag to the 5 Blogs that make me think. I believe there are many Arabic blogs that are full of thought, but I realize I get to tag those in English. So, here are my 5 in no particular order:

Baheyya: Her political analysis and social insights are simply amazing. Makes me feel we have got a worldclass analyst. Reading her posts really satisfies my urging mind with their informative and professional writing.

Egyptian Chronicles: The kind of effort and dedication she invests in her blog is so inspiring. Zeinobia's coverage of the Egyptian news with her added twist of sincere analysis makes reading her blog a lovely treat. This girl really takes blogging seriously and it paid her back.

Words of a Broken Mirror: In introducing her blog she says, "This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts". And this is truely how you feel when you read her posts. Alina writes with elegance, passion and spontaneity. Her intelligent remarks and wide range of interest makes her a global blogger. Still her concern with the issues in her country, Romania, will carry you there and make you see the beauty she reveals as she tackles its problems with love and sincerity.

The Language Guy: His blog teaches you that you can analyse the whole world through language. It is a "commentary on how language is used and abused in advertising, politics, the law, and other areas of public life". Very interesting, intriguing and funny too, this blog is full of thought.
Bookgirl's Nightstand: A wonderful booklover who has a sharp wit and a great blog. Iliana chooses a variety of books to review. Her blog is so organized and her reviews are so informative and reliable. She also has a section with all her travels and a photo album of the places she visited. This is a heaven for curious minds and reading addicts.

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

8 comments:

egy anatomist said...

Alf Mabrouk .. You unreservedly deserve it

Zeinobia said...

Alf Mabrouk and thanks for the sweet words I am so flattered :)

Om Luji said...

Salama:
Allah yebarek feek. Thanks so much for your encouragement. Your comments are so enriching to this blog. You also have two wonderful blogs that I recommend for everyone

Om Luji said...

Zeinobia:
Allah yebarek feeki. You really deserved every word I said. I highly respect the effort you invest in your blog. Best of luck.

Alina said...

Thanks so much for this, Hope to complete the tag as soon as possible. I am really honored.

Anonymous said...

Om Luji, thanks for mentioning such insightful blogs. Tab3an Baheyya and Zeinobia are always on my top blogs :-) but also learning about the Bookgirl is a great plus :-)
thanks dear

Om Luji said...

Alina:
You truely deserve it. I enjoy every word you write and I'm looking forward to see your favorite blogs.

Om Luji said...

Nousha:
Congratulations on your award too :) Glad you found some insightful stuff here. Bookgirl has such a wonderful blog.